Wednesday, July 6, 2011

White Chocolate Blueberry Cupcakes

As I was catching up with some of my favourite blogs this week I came across a recipe that I HAD to try. It looked so delicious!  White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes at Tracey's Culinary Adventures.  Raspberry and white chocolate are such a perfect pairing but unfortunately I didn't have any raspberry's or seedless raspberry jam in the house.  I really didn't feel like going out to buy some so I made do with what I had on hand.  Luckily I still had white chocolate chunks left over from the white chocolate dipped strawberries and had some homemade organic blueberry jam to use in place of the raspberries. 

So I gathered my ingredients, preheated the oven and got to work!





Mmmm white chocolate, this was after 30 secs.  It took just over a minute at half power to melt in the microwave.



The sugar and butter is creamed and the eggs added


This is the final batter, after the flour mixture and milk is blended in.


While the cupcakes were cooking I blended the butter and blueberry jam


Here it is after 6 cups of icing sugar, it became such a beautiful mauve colour with specks of blueberries


After the cupcakes cooled I cut out the centre and put some of that delicious homemade blueberry jam right in the middle! 



Next it was decorating time.  I filled the icing tube with the blueberry jam icing and proceeded to swirl it on top of each and every cupcake.  Divine!  Then I proceeded to have fun taking pictures of those very same cupcakes.  Enjoy.






Now we are going to enjoy them for dessert!



Thank you beautiful blueberry jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment